Many people ask me questions about the size of our Australian Labradoodle dogs and puppies. Which size of Australian Labradoodle do I recommend? Which Australian Labradoodle sizes do I breed? What is the Australian Labradoodle Association of America (ALAA) breed standard? How big will my Australian labradoodle puppy get?
At Manor Lake, we breed 3 sizes of Australian Labradoodles, miniature, medium and standard:
Miniature: 14″ to 16″ at the shoulders or “withers” and 16 to 30 pounds
Medium: 17″ to 20″ at the shoulders or “withers” and 30 to 45 pounds
Standard: 21″ to 24″ at the shoulders or “withers and 45 to 65 pounds
When someone asks for a “small medium” Australian Labradoodle – what does this mean? It simply means that within the “medium” category that this would be on the smaller end, around the 30 pound mark. I also get requests for the “large miniature” size – what size is this? The large miniature size would be 25 to 30 pounds and fall right in the middle of the ALAA’s designation of miniature and medium.
What is the best size for an Australian labradoodle dog? I get asked this question often. There is no “best” size of Australian Labradoodle. I advise my clients to adopt the size that they think will work best with their family. A few questions to consider:
- Do you want the dog to easily be able to jump in and out of their car on their own, or do you want to lift it in and out?
- Do you eventually plan to take their Australian Labradoodle dog running, hiking, etc? If so, how far?
- What type of swimming, if any, do you plan to do with their Australian Labradoodle Dog?
- What size of yard will you have?
- Will your Australian Labradoodle dog travel with you?
- Do they want to be able to pick up your Australian Labradoodle adult dog?
These are just a few of the questions I ask my clients if they are unsure about the size of Australian Labradoodle to purchase. If you’re still not quite sure what to expect in the different sizes I would recommend looking up the nearest Doodle Romp in your area to attend. Families go to socialize with their dogs and are usually quite happy to talk about their dog, including weight!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 360-303-0497 if you have questions about the size of Australian Labradoodles.